Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My New Banner

Finally, after several tries and through the guidance of the helpful mommies, my banner is done. Initially, I have created this.

But after some thought, I've decided to change my banner to this.

Why the change? This newer version of the banner has some meaning hidden in it.

1) Borderless
The first version has a greyish border. However, I asked myself, "Why should my children be confined in a border? Am I limiting their development if I create a border to box them up? Without the border, my children are free to explore and venture out.

2) The blue wording "The Tired Mommy"
Blue is chosen because blue represents the sky. My children's development, growth and achievement will be as high as the sky can be. My love for them is as vast as the sky.

3) The grey patch on the "D"of 'TIRED'
When I am tired, sometimes I cannot rationalise probably. I cannot think straight. So, the grey patch symbolises the grey area that I may encounter as a tired mommy.

4) The red patch on the "O" of 'Mommy'
Red signifies LOVE. The red O represents the LOVE of the mommy. So despite the fact that I, the tired mommy, may encounter the unclear grey area in my parenting, hopefully my love for my children will compensate for all mistakes that I have made.

5) The snowflakes effect on each photograph
The white spots on the photographs create the snowflakes effect. There is no identical snowflakes in every winter in the whole wide world. My children are very special and unique to me. There will never be another child who is identical to my girl or boy. I love them for being themselves. I would like to steal this slogan 'Uniquely Singapore' and adapt it to my own usage. 'Uniquely Phoebe' and 'Uniquely Reuben', uniquely my children.

6) Twelve photographs each
There're 12 pictures of Phoebe and 12 pictures of Reuben. Why 12? Because Jesus has 12 disciples. I pray that, like the 12 disciples, God will use Phoebe and Reuben to bring the kingdom to those who are lost. Let my children be pleasing vessels to God.

7) The big and small sizes of the photographs
The different sizes of the photographs represent the ups and downs which my children will face in their lives. All the ups and downs are inevitable but they add variety and interest and bring colours to their journey.

8) The smiles
You may have noticed that the photographs mainly portray happy faces. I hope that my children will ignite the lives of the people around them. I would want them to always remember that the Joy of the Lord is their strength.

9) The fonts
I chose straight and strong fonts over cursive ones as I hope that I will be a firm mommy but yet, also a strong pillar that my children can lean on. And that their belief in God will be unwaving and bold.

10) The description
Last but not least, the description is also the dedication. I would like to say it again. This blog is dedicated to God, for the creation of my two beautiful children, for blessing me the joy of motherhood and for giving me a chance to be a useful vessel to help to mould my children into the people that He wants them to be.

To GOD be the glory!

No comments: